Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kitchen Redo - The Finale


See Kitchen Redo Part 2 to see the previous details of this minor remodel.  The walls are painted, the hideous wallpaper gone.  Artwork has been hung, and Biskit the parakeet is happy to be back in his location in the center of everything.


The artwork can actually be seen now!  Before, the busyness of the 70's wallpaper took over.


The new slate peel and stick tile floor has been installed - at least up to the laundry room door.  I worked on this until 8:30 last night, and didn't have it in me to continue on into the laundry room just yet...but I will eventually.  Bye bye green and yellow flower linoleum!  I love the stone look of the new tiles - here's a closeup of the pattern in them:


A creamy background with light and medium tan colors, along with a hint of light grey blends perfectly in the kitchen.  Feels good on the feet too!



I stopped just in front of the laundry room door.  But I still have enough tiles left to go on into that room as well.

Just for comparison...a before and after shot of the floor -- click on the photo to see it larger.

Now I think I'll go to bed for a week. :)  This job, while inexpensive (under $500 for everything I've done here!), was very exhausting.  But I love my "new" kitchen.

--Jai

No comments: