Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cheetah Cub ACEO

It's been a while since I posted, I know. But I haven't been being lazy! :) I've been working my tail off, at my jobs and at my true love...my art. Recently I found some fabulous pieces of illustration board (with vellum), precut to standard ACEO art trading card sizes of 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". I bought one package, and it has 5 boards in the package. I decided to complete a series of 5 miniature paintings to try out this board.

First, let me say, I LOVE IT! I have missed creating art in miniature! And I love the feel of the illustration board. This first painting shown here is titled Cheetah Cub and is completed in Prismacolor pencils. It's the first in the series, which I've titled "Cubs". Keep watching my blog for the other 4...I promise I'll post them!

I've put the original up for sale on my website dedicated to my big eye animals.


This photo here is taken outdoors and shows the original miniature art in natural light.

And this is an example of how the mini art might look when matted and framed.

--Jai

1 comment:

Wendy Wright said...

What a beautiful piece Jai. I love the blueness in his eyes. :)