Monday, August 10, 2009

Preview Christmas Cat Digital Painting - Rowdy


I've started work on my big Christmas cat painting. In this painting, there are 6 cats who so graciously modeled for me in priority mail boxes. :) The painting is being airbrushed, one cat at a time. Thought you'd like to see a preview of Rowdy and how he's coming along. His Christmas box (and all the others) will have ribbons/bows painted on later...this is how it looks like to begin with though and as you can see, it's really basic and rough looking at this point. After I finish the background, all the cats, and all the blending, then I'll add finishing details such as ribbons and bows. Click on the photo to see it a little closer...you can really see the detail in the larger image!

Also, I've shown the original photo that I started with below:

No comments: