Sunday, June 13, 2010

Maine Coon Cat | A Return to Realism


For months now, I've tried to loosen up in my art, trying a variety of different brushes and styles and color palettes...but deep down, my anal, realistic side keeps fighting to get out. So this week, I allowed it to emerge as I painted this portrait of Sassy, a Maine Coon Cat we had stay with us for a short time. If you love Maine Coon cats, you can purchase fine art prints here and gift items with his handsome self here.

As for whether I'll stick with the realism...I'm going to do another painting in this manner and see how I feel. :)

Thanks so much for stopping in to view my work and for sharing my website with fellow art lovers! Comments are always welcome.

InJoy,
♥ Jai
http://www.jaiart.com
Enjoy my mini art gallery on the front page, and shop for limited edition prints, cards, and gifts with your favorite paintings. Be sure to read the news page for upcoming series, events, contests, and more exciting things!

No comments: