Sunday, July 31, 2011

In the Forest


Recently we visited Cypress Grove Park here in Jackson, TN.  It's gorgeous inside the park, which is actually a boardwalk trail that winds deep into the forest.  It's very peaceful and serene, and I was able to get some beautiful photos.  Unfortunately, because of the darkness, the camera doesn't make the best pictures.  So these require quite a bit of editing before publishing.

I love the photo above, as it gives a glimpse of the sunlight coming in through the trees.  But of course, I thought it needed more color.  This is one of those scenes which would look wonderful if it would really glow from the sunlight.  So....I did a bit of editing, and this is how the photo looks now:


Full of rich color, an inviting scene has been created for the viewer.  I decided to take things one step farther and add some words of inspiration:


It reads:  BE STILL in the darkness and I will LIGHT your way.  This gorgeous image from "The Grove" is available on cards, prints and gifts here.  It's also available as fine art paper and canvas prints, matted and/or framed, in this gallery here.

I have some other great scenes I'll be sharing soon from this park visit, and a few birds of prey photos as well.  This park rescues injured, wild birds and keeps them in captivity until they heal, and there were several there when we visited.

InJoy,
Jai

No comments: