Friday, June 12, 2009

And it is done.


If you've been following my blog, I'm sure you remember THIS MONSTER TREE.

Here's another shot of it. Yes...it was tall. Tall enough to uproot from my neighbor's house and land on our house...all the way down our driveway. As you can see, just a couple feet more to the right, and it would have landed right in the middle of the house itself. We were very blessed it landed where it did.

The above photo was taken right after it happened. I had NO CLUE what it would take to get this tree cleaned up and damage repaired.

So here we are, 2 months later. Thanks to Rick Webb of Webb's House Works in Jackson, TN and his *incredible*, hard working crew, it now looks like nothing ever happened to the house. Check out the finished product below (click the photos to see them larger):

What about them purty white new gutters? Sharp looking, aren't they?

Check out my black whirly birds and Rick even painted the chimney topper to match!

Sagging gutters on the front? No more! They look fab!


Smooth...it all looks so smooth!


Ah...and maybe now, since the gutters are all fixed too, my little studio in the basement won't leak anymore! Hooray!


The end. Thank goodness. I never thought I'd be so excited to see a chapter of my life end...but this is one ordeal I was ready to put behind me. Thanks to Rick, Pete, and the rest of the guys who worked their tails off to get this done!

No comments: