Wednesday, February 17, 2010

White Poodle Portrait

This is a painting of a standard white Poodle...another one of the gorgeous show dogs who was here last year. Most dog show photos I took turned out like crap, by the way. That's why you won't see them on JaiAllyson.Com. There is NEVER a wasted photo though...the photo might stink, but being an artist, I can paint it any way I want! For this painting, I got rid of the horrid background featuring a handler's chunky legs and too-tight, too-short skirt. By painting the dog with a plain background, it helps the true essence of the animal shine!

Armed with a new camera and new lens, maybe next year my photos will be better. In the meantime, I'll keep doing paintings of the dogs from last year. :)

Prints of this painting are available through JaiAllyson.Com and gifts are available at GalleryJai.Com.

No comments: