Thursday, April 29, 2010

Purple Tulip Flower Painting

Recently I captured this really neat photo of a neighbor's purple tulip. I love the way the colors came out in the photo, but I could still imagine it somewhat brighter. So I decided to do a painting of the tulip with brighter colors.

Below is how I began the painting. I used an oil brush this time, instead of the usual palette knife. I love the short choppy strokes from the palette knife, but I felt like experimenting with something different on this one. After painting for a little while, I decided to go for even brighter colors. The end result of my tulip painting is below. I thought you'd enjoy seeing the finished painting compared to the original photo. :)

























Fun gifts and cards featuring today's painting are available in my gift shop. Fine art prints on canvas and/or paper (with matting and framing options too!) are available at this gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping in to view my work and for sharing my website with fellow art lovers! Comments are always welcome.

InJoy,
♥ Jai
http://www.jaiart.com
Enjoy my mini art gallery on the front page, and shop for limited edition prints, cards, and gifts with your favorite paintings. Be sure to read the news page for upcoming series, events, contests, and more exciting things!

No comments: