Thursday, May 27, 2010

Attentive | German Shepherd Painting

Time for another series. I've been thoroughly enjoying my "Dogs With Toys" series, however, submissions of photos have been so slow...and I want to paint a VARIETY of dogs...so I just have to be patient and wait for people to send me their best photos of their dogs in order to do more paintings for that series. I *did* get two dogs at the local dog show playing with toys, so those will be painted for the series.

In the meantime, I decided I'd take a portion of the coolest of the 3,000+ photos I made at the dog show and do paintings based on them. :) Hence the new series..."At the Dog Show".


This is the first painting from the series, titled "Attentive", featuring Ria, the blue ribbon winning German Shepherd I met on day one. I've included a close up of the brush work using an impasto style technique which I am super-thrilled about! The original photo is shown here too.

This painting is available on canvas and paper (with matting and framing options) and also on cards and other cool gifts in my GalleryJai gift shop.

Thanks so much for stopping in to view my work and for sharing my website with fellow art lovers! Comments are always welcome.

InJoy,
♥ Jai
http://www.jaiart.com
Enjoy my mini art gallery on the front page, and shop for limited edition prints, cards, and gifts with your favorite paintings. Be sure to read the news page for upcoming series, events, contests, and more exciting things!

No comments: