Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wood Chow Dog Earrings

The plan yesterday was to work on a wood burning of a tiger, which I've been trying to get moving on for over a week. Life incidents managed to fill my days, however, and when I got down to the studio yesterday afternoon, I was a bit hesitant about starting it. Usually when I feel this way, I'll work on something smaller-quicker-simpler to get the "feel" for the larger piece.

I decided to create a pair of earrings as a warm up for the larger work. Using one of the photos I shot this weekend of a Chow at the dog show, I created these earrings. I think they turned out really well. I like the fact they're large enough to see the art well, yet still very lightweight and easy to wear.

I burned the design of the Chow and also burned the edges of the teardrop shapes in order to give them more interest. I sealed them for protection and then added silver hardware. I've added these to the Pyrography section of my website. Visit there to see more photos of the earrings.

I'm also really excited because I found some ACEO size wood this weekend. The plan is to make some wood art cards using pyrography with them.

Thanks so much for stopping in to view my work and for sharing my website with fellow art lovers! Comments are always welcome.

InJoy,
♥ Jai
http://www.jaiart.com
Enjoy my mini art gallery on the front page, and shop for limited edition prints, cards, and gifts with your favorite paintings. Be sure to read the news page for upcoming series, events, contests, and more exciting things!

No comments: