Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cat Painting #6, Who Needs Toys?

Really...who needs toys when you can play with your own tail? :) This painting is based on a photo of Nikko. We'd brought her in on a rainy night and she was wet and cold, so we wrapped her in a towel and dried her off. Soon she wiggled out of the towel, and feeling all nice and toasty warm again, she got a little frisky and started playing with her own tail.

This painting is sold.


Below is the original snapshot this painting was based on. Not a great photo at all, so my challenge was to take it from not great to fabulous in a painting. I also didn't like the green carpet flooring, so I did a hardwood flooring in the painting, and I didn't like the color of the towel peeking out from under her (green and white) so I changed it to purple and white.

If you are interested in having a custom 8x10" painting of your pet (doesn't have to be a cat!), please visit this link - I'm offering special pricing on custom paintings!

No comments: