Monday, March 9, 2009

Planning the Escape oil pastel cat painting

Rowdy may look all sweet and cute here, laying on this royal purple pillow, but in reality, he was planning his escape route from the scene I'd set up to photograph. Which is typical of this cat...he doesn't like to sit still for any length of time - especially when there's a camera involved. Unless he's sleeping, of course. :)

This oil pastel painting is size 8x10" on canvas board and is available here. This is the 3rd painting in my new series, 365 Cat Paintings.


I brought the 3 paintings I've completed outside to re-photograph them and be able to show their true colors better. Nikko wanted to assist, so I made her hold her own painting up and snapped her photo. I know, she looks less than thrilled. :)

Here's a photo of the three paintings I've just completed. Rowdy, Nikko and Oreo. As many bird and animal paintings I've done, I still find cats the most difficult. I don't know why. I guess it just fits the personality of the cat --> challenging. :)

No comments: