Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sammi the Cockatiel, finished painting in oil pastel


Here's Sammi's finished painting. I'll pick up a frame for the painting on Friday or Saturday so we can hang it above her empty cage as a reminder of our little friend. The photo below shows the close up detail of the painting.


And for some reason, the cats were all over me when I was trying to photograph Sammi's painting. Below you'll see Rowdy posing with the finished work...this is the closest he has ever been allowed to Sammi. :) Notice the shadow in the door...that is Max looking on, anticipating I might let him outside.

The background on the painting looks more blue-ish in my photos, but it's actually a nice royal purple color in real life.

If you're interested in commissioning your own painting of your pet, please visit my page on my website with prices - I'm offering special pricing on 8x10" paintings like this one right now.

Also, while Sammi's original painting is not for sale, the artwork is available on a variety of products such as cards, magnets, and apparel here.

No comments: