Sunday, April 19, 2009

Running Behind

I'm about ready to give up on 2009. I was all gung-ho at the first of the year that this was going to be a great year. So far, it's been exactly the opposite. It seems whenever I've tried to set a goal to do daily paintings, something gets in the way. This time around has been no exception. From being sick, to losing income while our living expenses double, to a tree falling on my house, to not being able to get a contractor to give me a darn ESTIMATE, to my car being damaged from it and insurance not covering it, to losing a pet unexpectly (my 6 year old cockatiel Sammi), this year has been nothing but roadblocks.

So here I am - running behind on paintings. Again. Why? Because I'm sick AGAIN. Sinus infection turned ear infection. Yeppers, this one needed a doctor visit. I've been on antibiotics for 3 days now, still have a fever, and feel like I've been run over by a truck. This is just as bad - if not worse - than the flu I had back in February that had me down for 3 weeks. You might as well take my ribs out and just cook 'em - cuz they hurt so bad from coughing that I don't want them anymore!

So...if you've been looking here for new paintings the past few days, this is why there are none. I simply cannot work creatively with a fever. Honestly, I don't know how I've sat up long enough to type this.

While I recover (and I hope at some point I *do*, because this is getting really, really old!), why don't you consider nominating your pet(s) for my upcoming book? Visit this page on my website for instructions. I'd love to have my email box filled up with sweet fur and feathered babies to paint when I get better!

To better health - better days ahead - to meeting and interacting with fabulous people and their pets, to trees staying where they're supposed to -- cheers! --Jai

No comments: