Monday, April 6, 2009

The tree is gone

After a few hours of hard work, the tree that hammered our house last night is gone. These guys with Bryant Tree Company in Jackson, TN are true professionals. They worked hard, fast, and were kind and respectful and answered many questions. I highly recommend them after what I saw today!


After removing the tree, we discovered my car has a dent just above the license plate. Word has it homeowners insurance will not pay for that...but we'll see. They say car insurance has to pay for that, but the car was under the carport for protection. Not sure how that works, but with this entire deal, we'll see if Allstate lives up to their good name! The adjuster will be here Thursday and will be receiving a CD will all of the photos I've shared here, plus many more!

Notice the big hole in the driveway...there are *3* of those. I've got the contractor from across the street coming tomorrow to do an estimate for me on the house and driveway damage.

So this is what it looks like now. Quite a difference from last night and this morning!

I am exhausted. I hardly slept at all last night, and I had nightmares about this tree when I did. I'll probably end up crazier than I was before, after all this. :)

No comments: