Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SUNDOWN: Original Dog Painting


Captured at sundown, a time of day that makes lovely Lady's eyes glow with the amber color of a slow-burning fire. We rescued Lady almost 8 years ago. She showed up at our house - fully trained. Once solid black, she's now getting older and her face gets whiter every year. Sort of like my hair. :)

Lady is the best dog I've ever had. She's sweet with us, great with the kids, and listens...well...most of the time. She has a bit of a stubborn streak. :) She's part chow chow and I think that's where the stubbornness comes from.

I just love her colors in the photo of her I took at sundown, and I knew it would make a very striking piece of art. So now Lady has her place in my 365 Pet Paintings series. Your pet could have his/her place as well - view this page for more details on how to nominate your pet for inclusion in this original art series.

#15 Sundown, oil pastel on board, size 8x10" $135





Click here for prints & greeting Cards featuring this artwork.

1 comment:

Carole and Chewy said...

I really like the way you focused so closely on her face. It's *almost* as nice as the one you did of Chewy!