Friday, March 19, 2010

United | A Pair of Cherries

Sometimes before I begin an animal portrait, I'll do what I call a simple warm-up painting. Not always...but sometimes. Especially if I'm feeling stressed or frustrated...the warm-up helps me loosen up. Most of the time I don't publish my warm-up paintings, but this time, I really liked the way this cherry painting came out so I decided to offer it.

I've titled the painting "United", as the two cherries are still connected by at the top of their stems. It's a simple painting, with a powerful punch thanks to the dark background I chose, which makes the red cherry color pop even more. Dramatic, I guess is the way I'd describe this painting. Gee, kind of sounds like my life sometimes! :)

Fine art prints, cards and other fun gifts with this art are available on my still life page on the website.

Thanks so much for stopping in to view my work and for sharing my website with fellow art lovers! Comments are always welcome.

InJoy,
♥ Jai
http://www.jaiart.com
Enjoy my mini art gallery on the front page, and shop for limited edition prints, cards, and gifts with your favorite paintings. Be sure to read the news page for upcoming series, events, contests, and more exciting things!

No comments: